Parent Support & Safeguarding Advice
Parent Support: The school access to a wealth of services and information that can support parents in a variety of ways. If you are experiencing challenges at home then please speak to us in confidence and we can direct you to the right help and support.
Home School Link Worker (HSLW): Mrs Dawn Smith is our Home School Link Worker. We know that engaging parents and carers in their child's education is a key factor of the child's success, however, some families can experience barriers to being involved in their child's school. This could be due to parents feeling isolated if they are new to the area or not confident in speaking English, feeling intimidated by schools after a bad experience at school themselves, coping with a problem at home or work or other responsibilities which make it difficult to contact the school.
By quickly and effectively building strong, trusting relationships Mrs Smith can help solve problems before they become bigger issues including:
· Supporting parents to develop and maintain a positive relationship with the school;
· Act as a link between home and school including making home visits or meeting at other suitable locations;
· Supporting families with English as an additional language;
· Offering a range of services to children and families requiring support and information;
· Helping children and families to increase school attendance and minimise absences;
· Talking with, supporting and encouraging children in school.
If you would like to request more information on this support, please do not hesitate to contact Mrs Smith via the school office.
Safeguarding: Safeguarding is about people and organisations working together to prevent and reduce both the risks and experience of abuse or neglect. If you have any concerns or worries with regards to Safeguarding please contact the school and speak to one of our Designated Safeguarding Leads (DSLs) in complete confidence - Mrs Russell, Mrs Stanford-Smith, Mrs Bergin, Mrs Wiltshire or Mrs Smith.
You can also contact the DSLs on: firstname.lastname@example.org